Juice Detox Retreat
with Heartwood Health Team
November 13 - 20, 2019
The Juice Fasting Retreat is an oasis where you will be able to draw physical, mental and spiritual refreshment in a peaceful environment away from the demands of your regular daily life and sheltered from the challenges and struggles of the materialistic world. Come experience the power of this holistic rejuvenation program.
This retreat is designed to create better all-round health and relaxation. It will to give you tools to take charge of your own physical and emotional health. You will leave feeling more energized, struggling less with weight problems, with new tools to help kicking bad habits, with the knowledge of how to eliminate toxins, and simply feeling less stressed.
Why a Juice Fast?
- The typical American diet makes us sick due to the way that our food is produced. Chemical fertilizers, herbicides and food additives cause an overload of toxins in our body.
- Our bodies are undernourished due to eating foods that are dead and depleted of nutrients.
Juice fasting is one of the best and fastest way to detoxify and heal your body from most chronic diseases, because it effectively removes toxins, naturally hydrates the body with nutrients that repair, rebuild and regenerate cation in the body to health while having the opportunity to work on mind training and meditation skills. You will receive education on the proper care and feeding of a human being.
How does it unfold?
Three days before you arrive for the 5-day juice cleanse you must shift your diet to a cleaner diet and lifestyle. Although you can just jump right in without the Juice Fast Prep Regime it is NOT recommended as most people have more unpleasant symptoms during the first 2-3 days due to sudden detoxing. You will receive more benefit from the 5-day juice cleanse if you do your Prep Regime.
During your stay, you will receive daily superfood vegetable juices, alkalizing greens, and fruit juices throughout the day.
Your retreat includes
- Unlimited Homemade Seaweed Shitake Vegetable Broth
- Unlimited Spring Water with lemon or plain, Herbal Teas
- Combination fruit and vegetable juices throughout the day
Included in the cost of your retreat are the following options:
1) one nutritional consultation with Dr Hall in person or via Skype depending on where the doctor is working during that particular retreat.
2) one Bach Flower Remedy consultation (emotional support) and 30ML customized blend prepared by Venerable Pannavati.
3) one massage (or body work protocol), or Reiki or other energy healing session provided by one of the on staff practitioners
4) daily vitals including fasting blood sugar reading
Self-Applied Health Enhancement Methods Included in Your Retreat
6) instruction and 30 minutes daily of meditation w/MUSE bio-feedback system
7) daily 45 minutes yoga or qigong (with audio or video instruction)
8) daily 30-45 minute full spectrum infrared treatment
9) daily soft exercise program with bands, light weights, bicycle, walking, elliptical machine, stair master, trampoline
10) daily sound and light therapies
11) daily Bemer micro-circulatory protocol
12) complementary copy of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook, by Bob Stahl, with exercises to complete
13) CD library and online guided meditations based on personal support needed
14) Instructive but entertaining short videos and documentaries on the care and feeding of the human body
Other free optional Opportunities
- may attend all dharma talks and group meditations
- may attend the weekly recovery group
- one-on-one counseling session with Venerables Pannavati or Pannadipa, our resident monks or others teachers that are on campus during your retreat
- One social group activity organized for retreatants (ex. Music and movement session, walk to the pond or waterfalls in the national forest, etc)
Fresh lemon water (available throughout the day).
7:00 – 8:00 AM: Chanting and Meditation
8:15 – 8:45 AM: Taking vitals in the Healing Continuum, exercise (options walk around lake, workout with weights, stair master, elliptical machine.
10:00 AM: First Juice – 12 oz
10:30 – 11:15 AM: Class – lecture/discussion or educational video
11:30 AM: Second Juice – 12 oz
12:00 – 1:00PM: Meditation
1:30 PM: Third Juice – 12 oz
2:00 – 3:00PM: self-applied health enhancement session
2:45 PM: Fourth Juice – 12 oz
3:00 PM: nutritional consultations, Bach Flower Remedy consultations, one-on-one counseling sessions with the teachers or free time.
5:00 PM: Fifth Juice, then free time
7:00-9:00 PM: Educational Video and discussion
9:00 PM: – Warm Veggie Seaweed broth and Smooth Move Tea – Sleep
In between educational classes, drinking delicious juices/Veggie Seaweed broth/ tea and lemon water and receiving healing bodywork treatments, you are encouraged to spend as much time as possible outdoors.
Juice Fast Prep
While 5 days of the freshest and most nutritious cold pressed juices will do wonders for your health, it is equally important to prepare for three days before you come and to finish gradually for optimal results. This is why give you the recommendation of a 3-day pre-fast regime, 5-days of juice cleansing and 1 day to ease off the fast for a total of 9 days (3 at home and 6 at Heartwood Refuge) .
You will still benefit greatly from 5 days of just juices. However, you may experience detox symptoms to a greater degree than necessary. Some rapid detox symptoms include headaches, lethargy and upset stomach. We suggest preparing, detoxing and finishing as suggested for optimal results and less discomfort.
You can learn more about prepping for your juice retreat here.
The Heartwood Health Team currently consists of : Venerable Pannavati, Spiritual Director and Bach Flower Remedy expert. Dr. Maureen Hall, DC FIAMA, Healing Continuum Director Amy Goldweber RDN, Nutrition expert, Life Coach We are in the process of adding to our Team with more of our Heartwood residents and local healers who are trained in some aspect of the healing industry, and interested in being of service in this capacity at Heartwood. Check back to see our new additions.
Learn more about Heartwood Health Team