For your convenience, Heartwood provides:
- Chairs, zafus, and zabutons (cushions and mats) for use in our meditation halls. However you are welcome to bring your own meditation aids.
- Bed linens, blankets and towels.
- Casual indoor and outdoor clothing suitable for practice and working meditation sessions in variable weather conditions.
- A flashlight to use when walking from building to building in the twilight hours.
- Personal toiletries – fragrance free (soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste )
Knowing that fragrance use significantly compromises indoor air quality and prevents access for some individuals, particularly during the warm summer months, Heartwood encourages participants to bring only fragrance free products.
- Rain gear such as an umbrella or poncho, and shoes with good tread, as you will be walking outdoors to get from one building to another.
- Snacks to share! Heartwood staff will take your offerings at registration and set them out for all retreatants to share.
- You may bring your own food if necessary due to dietary restrictions. We offer access to a small shared refrigerator in the dining room.
Please do not store food in your room.